Friday, May 1, 2009

Slight Recant

So after rants and raves from people online and abroad an article has finally given voice to the idea that the swine flu may indeed just be the flu.

Yahoo article.

The article cites a flu expert who sees no reason to believe that this strain of the virus is more lethal than any other.

The President is hopeful that the virus may be just a seasonal one.

I am relieved to hear this revealation. After receiving several phone calls from worried family and friends; I have at times become enraged by the fear instilled by a lack of proper reporting and over-exposure.

I am glad they have finally consulted with professionals in determining whether or not this strain is extremely dangerous.

In all of the coverage I had seen before, no one every quantified how deadly the swine flu was only that it existed and killed people.

A friend of mine had reserved a room with a family over the summer for an internship. The family called only a couple days ago to tell him that they were going overseas for the summer to try to avoid the flu.

My grandmother was busy stockpiling water and food and my cousin I'm told is wearing a surgical mask and gloves around the house.

Hopefully this will improve the way people are reacting to this flu and hopefully more people will seek more scientific backing when reporting stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment